Mr. Gazzard is the author of this definitive review of the data on the main treatment for angle closure glaucoma. You can read more about his ground-breaking research here
Mr. Gazzard has recently been appointed Director of the Glaucoma Service at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
Mr. Gazzard has been awarded the prestigious, competitively awarded “NHS National Bronze Merit Award”. These awards recognise NHS consultants who perform ‘over and above’ the standard expected of their role.
Mr. Gazzard is now one of only three surgeons performing the innovative Hydrus stent procedure in the UK. You can read more about the Hydrus procedure here or you can download a PDF about Hydrus here.
NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) have released a report on Trabecular stent bypass microsurgery for open-angle glaucoma. You can read the full, positive report here.
More Publications, Associations and Interviews
- European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology
- Optometry Today | Taking stock of glaucoma implants
- Royal Academy of Ophthamologists ‘focus’ article: Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
- EGS ACG SIG meeting (PDF)
- Interview with one of Mr. Gazzard’s patients in the Mail Online
- UK Clinical Research Network paper on the LiGHT SLT Trial Research
- GoodDoctor review
- Moorfields Eye Charity feature